CNA(LOCAL) - TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT: STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
Hazardous Traffic Conditions and High‑Risk Areas
If the District applies for the additional transportation allotment provided by the state for students who live within two miles of a school campus, the Board shall adopt a resolution to identify hazardous traffic conditions or areas presenting a high risk of violence within two miles of the school campus. The resolution shall include the specific hazardous or high-risk areas in which transportation shall be provided, and the District shall publish the locations of these routes. The Board shall adopt a revised resolution when necessary to accurately reflect changes to the conditions or areas.
The District shall not provide transportation to any student for whom it does not receive state transportation funds, except as follows:
- As may be required by the individualized education program (IEP) of a student with a disability;
- As may be necessary for a student who requires additional bilingual/ESL services not provided at the student's home attendance zone campus;
- As may be required to comply with the District's voluntary desegregation plan of 1971 as modified and approved by the Office of Civil Rights;
- As may be necessary due to hazardous conditions as defined in a Board-adopted resolution [see CNA(REGULATION)];
- As may be necessary for students enrolled in programs associated with the Amarillo Area Center for Advanced Learning (AACAL); or
- As may be required by other state or federal law.