DI(EXHIBIT) - EMPLOYEE WELFARE
Drug-Free Workplace Notice
The college district prohibits the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of controlled substances, illegal drugs, inhalants, and alcohol in the workplace.
Employees who violate this prohibition will be subject to disciplinary sanctions. Sanctions may include:
- Referral to drug and alcohol counseling or rehabilitation programs;
- Referral to employee assistance programs;
- Termination from employment with the college district; and
- Referral to appropriate law enforcement officials for prosecution.
As a condition of employment, an employee must:
- Abide by the terms of this notice; and
- Notify the college president, in writing, if the employee is convicted for a violation of a criminal drug statute occurring in the workplace. The employee must provide the notice in accordance with college district policy.
This notice complies with the requirements of the federal Drug-Free Workplace Act (41 U.S.C. 8103).