CV(LEGAL) - RENTING OR LEASING FACILITIES
Lease of State Buildings
An ESC may lease space in a state-owned building from the Texas Building and Procurement Commission. Gov't Code 2165.004
Lease of Property to a Governmental Entity
To promote a public purpose of the ESC, the ESC may:
- Lease property owned by the ESC to another political subdivision or an agency of the state or federal government; or
- Make an agreement to provide office space in property owned by the ESC to the other political subdivision or agency.
- Shall determine the terms of the lease or agreement so as to promote and maintain the public purpose;
- May provide for the lease of the property or provision of the office space at less than fair market value; and
- Is not required to comply with any competitive purchasing procedure or any notice and publication requirement imposed by Local Government Code Chapter 272 or other law.
Local Gov't Code 272.005