BJCD(LOCAL) - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: EVALUATION
The Board shall prepare a written evaluation of the Executive Director at least annually and may at any time conduct and communicate oral evaluations to augment its written evaluations. The written evaluation shall be based on the Executive Director's job description [see BJA] and other criteria identified by the Board. [See AE and BAA]
The Board shall furnish the Executive Director with a copy of the completed evaluation and shall discuss its conclusions with the Executive Director in closed meeting.
The Board shall strive to accomplish the following objectives in conducting the Executive Director's evaluation:
- Clarify to the Executive Director his or her role, as seen by the Board.
- Clarify to Board members the Executive Director's role, according to the Board's written criteria, as expressed in the Executive Director's job description and the ESC's goals and objectives.
- Foster an early understanding among new Board members of the evaluation process and the Executive Director's current performance objectives and priorities.
- Develop and sustain a harmonious working relationship between the Board and the Executive Director.
- Ensure administrative leadership for excellence in the ESC.