GDA(LOCAL) - COMMUNITY USE OF COLLEGE DISTRICT FACILITIES: CONDUCT ON COLLEGE DISTRICT PREMISES
Withdrawal of Consent to Remain on Campus
In accordance with law, during a period of disruption, the College President or designee may notify a person that consent to remain on a College District campus or facility has been withdrawn for no longer than 14 days if there is reasonable cause to believe that the person willfully disrupted the orderly operation of the College District and that his or her presence on College District property will constitute a substantial and material threat to the orderly operation of the College District.
A party from whom consent has been withdrawn may request a hearing on the withdrawal to be held in accordance with law.
The person may appeal the outcome of the hearing through the applicable grievance policy beginning at the appropriate level. [See DGBA(LOCAL) for employees, FLD(LOCAL) for students, and GB(LOCAL) for community members]
The College District prohibits the use of tobacco products and e-cigarettes on College District property, in College District vehicles, and at College District-related activities, unless authorized by the College President or designee. [See FLBD]
Use of smokeless tobacco, including snuff and chewing tobacco, is prohibited in all College District buildings, except as noted below.
Smoking of tobacco products is restricted to the following areas:
- Sheppard Learning Center — tobacco use governed by Air Force regulations.
- VRJC at Wichita Falls (Century City) — no smoking permitted in the facility.
- Seymour Nursing Center — no smoking permitted in the facility.
- Skills Training Center (Wichita Falls) — no smoking permitted in the facility.
- The rooms of students in the Residence Center on the Vernon campus — exempt from the no-smoking restriction provided both roommates agree.