BBI(EXHIBIT) - BOARD MEMBERS: TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Board Member Agreement for Acceptable Use of the Center's Technology Resources
You are being given access to the Center's technology resources, meaning electronic communication systems and electronic equipment. It is important that you read the applicable Center policies, administrative regulations, and agreement form, including but not limited to, policies BBI and EC and procedure EC. Please contact the component director, infrastructure and network services, at (210) 370-5200 if you have questions or need help understanding this material.
Inappropriate use of the Center's technology resources may result in suspension or revocation of the privilege of using these resources, as well as other legal action, in accordance with applicable laws.
As a user of the Center's technology resources, you will be able to access:
- An unlimited number of databases, libraries, and resources;
- The internet and other electronic information systems/networks, which can be used to communicate with schools, colleges, organizations, and individuals around the world; and
- Shared electronic equipment, which may have stored temporary internet and electronic files of other users.
Please note that the internet is a network of many types of communication and information networks. It is possible that you may run across areas of adult content and some material you might find objectionable. While the Center will use filtering technology to restrict access to such material, it is not possible to absolutely prevent such access. It will be your responsibility to follow the rules for appropriate use.
If you are being issued a Center technology device that can be used off campus, you will be given additional materials addressing the proper use, care, and return of these devices.
Rules for Appropriate Use
- You will be assigned an individual account for hardware and internet access, and you are responsible for not sharing the password for that account with others.
- The account is to be used primarily for official duties, but some limited personal use is permitted.
- You must comply with the Center's record management program; the Texas Open Meetings Act; the Public Information Act; the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA); the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) including retention, security, and confidentiality of student and Center data and records, unless disclosure serves lawful professional purposes or is required by law; and campaign laws.
- You must maintain confidentiality of student and Center records, unless disclosure serves lawful professional purposes or is required by law.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of health or personnel information concerning Center employees and colleagues, unless disclosure serves lawful professional purposes or is required by law.
- Remember that people who receive email from you with a Center address might think your message represents the Center's point of view.
- You will be held responsible at all times for the proper use of your account, and the Center may suspend or revoke your access if you violate the rules.
- Using the resources for any illegal purpose.
- Accessing the resources to knowingly alter, damage, or delete Center property or information, or to breach any other electronic equipment, network, or electronic communications system in violation of the law or Center policy.
- Damaging electronic communication systems or electronic equipment, including knowingly or intentionally introducing a virus to a device or network, or not taking proper security steps to prevent a device or network from becoming vulnerable.
- Disabling or attempting to disable any internet filtering device. Requests to disable a filtering device should be made to the Executive Director.
- Encrypting communications to avoid security review.
- Using someone's account without permission.
- Pretending to be someone else when posting, transmitting, or receiving messages.
- Attempting to read, delete, copy, modify, or interfere with another user's posting, transmittal, or receipt of electronic media.
- Using resources to engage in conduct that harasses or bullies others.
- Sending, posting, or possessing materials that are abusive, obscene, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, damaging to another's reputation, or illegal, including cyberbullying and "sexting."
- Using email or websites to engage in or encourage illegal behavior or to threaten Center safety.
- Using inappropriate language such as swear words, vulgarity, ethnic or racial slurs, and any other inflammatory language.
- Posting or transmitting pictures of students without obtaining prior permission from all individuals depicted or from parents of depicted students who are under the age of 18.
- Violating others' intellectual property rights, including downloading or using copyrighted information without permission from the copyright holder.
- Wasting Center resources through improper use of the Center's technology resources, including sending spam.
- Gaining unauthorized access to restricted information or resources.
Consequences for Inappropriate Use
- Suspension of access to the Center's technology resources;
- Revocation of the account; or
- Other legal action, in accordance with applicable laws.
- You must immediately report any known violation of the Center's applicable policies, internet safety plan, or acceptable use guidelines to the component director, infrastructure and network services.
- You must report requests for personally identifying information, as well as any content or communication that is abusive, obscene, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, damaging to another's reputation, or illegal to the component director, infrastructure and network services.
I understand that my use of the Center's technology resources is not private and that the Center will monitor my activity.
I have read the Center's technology resources policies, including but not limited to BBI and EC, associated administrative regulations, and this user agreement and agree to abide by their provisions. In consideration for the privilege of using the Center's technology resources, I hereby release the Center, its operators, and any institutions with which they are affiliated from any and all claims and damages of any nature arising from my use of, or inability to use, these resources, including, without limitation, the type of damages identified in the Center's policy and administrative regulations.
Home/Mobile phone number: