DBA(LOCAL) - EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS: CREDENTIALS AND RECORDS
Note: This local policy has been revised in accordance with the District's innovation plan.
State Teacher Certification
In accordance with the District's innovation plan, the District shall be exempt from the state law that generally requires school districts to hire teachers who are certified by the State Board for Educator Certification.
The District shall establish local requirements and procedures for the Board to approve local certification for:
- A certified teacher to teach a subject outside his or her area of certification;
- An applicant enrolled in a Texas alternative certification program to teach with support from a mentor teacher; or
- An industry professional to teach career and technical education (CTE); science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM); and dual credit courses.
All other teaching assignments shall require certification in accordance with state law. [See DK]
All employees who have earned certificates, endorsements, or degrees of higher rank since the previous school year shall file with the District:
- An official college transcript showing the highest degree earned and date conferred.
- Proof of the certificate or endorsement.
The Superintendent or designee shall ensure that contract personnel possess valid credentials before issuing contracts.
Social Security Number
The District shall not use an employee's Social Security number as an employee identifier, except for tax purposes [see DC]. In accordance with law, the District shall keep an employee's Social Security number confidential.