BBFA(EXHIBIT) - ETHICS: CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURES
Note: See the following pages for forms that may be used for compliance with disclosure requirements as defined in Local Government Code 171.002 and Government Code, Chapter 553, Subchapter A.
Additional disclosure: The conflicts disclosure statement (PDF) required of members of the board, the chief executive officer, and, as applicable, by other college district employees by Local Government Code 176.003–.004 is available on the Texas Ethics Commission website.
Exhibit A—Affidavit Disclosing Substantial Interest in aBusiness Entity or Real Property
STATE OF TEXASCOUNTY OF _____________________
I, ______________________________ (name), as a local public official of the _________________________ College District, make this affidavit and on my oath state the following:
I, or a person(s) related to me in the first degree, have a substantial interest as defined in Local Government Code 171.002 in:
- a business entity, as defined in Local Government Code 171.001, that would experience a special economic effect distinguishable from its effect on the public by a vote or decision of the board.
- real property for which it is reasonably foreseeable that the board's action or my action will have a special economic effect on the value of the property distinguishable from its effect on the public.
The business entity or real property is: ___________________________________________________________________.
(name/address of business or description of property)
__________________________ ("I" or name of relative and relationship) (have)(has) a substantial interest in this business entity or real property as follows: (check all that apply)
- Ownership of ten percent or more of the voting stock or shares of the business entity.
- Ownership of ten percent or more of the fair market value of the business entity.
- Ownership of $15,000 or more of the fair market value of the business entity.
- Funds received from the business entity exceed ten percent of ________ (my, her, his) gross income for the previous year.
- Real property is involved and _________ (I, she, he) (have)(has) an equitable or legal ownership with a fair market value of at least $2,500.
The statements in this affidavit are based on my personal knowledge and are true and correct.
Upon the filing of this affidavit with the board's official record keeper, I affirm that I shall abstain from participation in any decision involving this business entity or real property, unless permitted according to Local Government Code 171.004(c).
Signature of official: ______________________________________
STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF _____________________
Sworn to and subscribed before me on this ______ day of ____________________ (month), ______ (year).
_____________________________________, Notary Public, State of Texas
Exhibit B—Affidavit Disclosing Interest in Property
STATE OF TEXAS COUNTY OF _____________________
I, ___________________________________ (name of affiant), (check one of the following:)
- as an officer of, or
- as a board candidate for,
______________________________________ College District make this affidavit and on my oath state the following:
I have a legal or equitable interest in property to be acquired with public funds, either by purchase or condemnation. The property is fully described as follows:
The nature, type, and amount of interest, including percentage of ownership, I have in the property is:
I acquired my interest in the property on __________________ (date).
The information stated in this affidavit is personally known by me to be correct and contains the information required by Government Code 553.002.
Signature of affiant: ______________________________________
Office or public title: ______________________________________
Note: This affidavit must be filed with the county clerk(s) of the county or counties in which the property is located and of the county in which the public servant or candidate resides within ten days before the date on which the property is to be acquired by purchase or condemnation.