AC(LEGAL) - GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES
Boundary Descriptions and Maps
The District shall file with TEA:
- A complete and legally sufficient description of the boundaries of the District.
- A map of the District that is:
- Drawn to the county general highway maps produced by the Texas Department of Transportation or a similar map of sufficient detail to display the names of visible features that the boundaries follow or to which the boundaries are in close proximity; and
- An accurate and legible representation of the boundaries in relationship to other features on the map.
- A list of voting precincts within the District, separately listing those precincts wholly within the District and those precincts only partly within the District.
The District shall amend the information and maps on file with TEA if the boundaries of the District change or if any other change makes the information on file incomplete or inaccurate.
Education Code 13.010
Changes in Boundaries
Any change in the boundaries of the District is not effective unless approved by a majority of the Board if the Board's approval is required under Education Code Chapter 13. Education Code 13.008
Chapter 13 of the Education Code requires Board approval when:
- The District detaches or annexes territory under Education Code Chapter 13, Subchapter B.
- Two or more districts consolidate into a single district under Education Code Chapter 13, Subchapter D.
- Minor boundary adjustments are made by agreement under Education Code 13.231 (see below).
Minor Boundary Adjustments
Two contiguous districts may adjust their common boundary by agreement if, at the time the agreement is executed:
- No child who resides in the territory that is transferred from one jurisdiction to the other is enrolled in a school of the district from which the territory is transferred; and
- The taxable value of the territory that is transferred from one jurisdiction to the other does not exceed one-tenth of one percent of the total taxable value of all property in the district from which the territory is transferred. "Taxable value" is defined at Government Code 403.302.
Education Code 13.231
To Voter Registrar
A district that changes its boundaries or the boundaries of districts used to elect members to the Board shall not later than the 30th day after the date the change is adopted:
- Notify the voter registrar of the county in which the area subject to the boundary change is located of the adopted boundary change; and
- Provide the voter registrar with a map of an adopted boundary change in a format that is compatible with the mapping format used by the registrar's office.
Election Code 42.0615
To County Appraiser
The District shall notify the appraisal office of any boundary changes within 30 days after the date of the change. Tax Code 6.07