CB(LOCAL) - STATE AND FEDERAL REVENUE SOURCES
Grants and Awards
The Superintendent shall be authorized to:
- Apply, on behalf of the Board, for any and all special federal and state grants and awards as deemed appropriate for the District's operations;
- Approve commitment of District funds for matching, cost sharing, cooperative, or jointly funded projects up to the amounts specifically allowed under the District budget approved by the Board; and
- Approve grant and award amendments as necessary.
The District shall comply with all requirements for state and federal grants and awards imposed by law, the awarding agency, or an applicable pass-through entity. The Superintendent shall develop and enforce financial management systems, internal control procedures, procurement procedures, and other administrative procedures as needed to provide reasonable assurance that the District is complying with requirements for state and federal grants and awards.
[See CAA, CBB]
Conflict of Interest
Each employee, Board member, or agent of the District who is engaged in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported by a federal grant or award and who has a potential conflict of interest as defined at Code of Federal Regulations, title 2, section 200.318, shall disclose to the District, in writing, any conflict that meets the disclosure threshold in Chapter 176 of the Local Government Code. [See CBB]
In addition, each employee, Board member, or agent of the District shall comply with any other conflict of interest requirements imposed by the granting agency or a pass-through entity.
For purposes of this policy, "immediate family member" shall have the same meaning as "family member" as described in Chapter 176 of the Government Code. [See BBFA]
For purposes of this policy, "partner" shall have the same meaning as defined in Business Organizations Code Chapter 1, Subchapter A.
An employee, Board member, or agent of the District who is required to disclose a conflict in accordance with the provisions above shall not participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported by a federal grant or award.
Gifts and Gratuities
Employees, Board members, and agents of the District shall not solicit any gratuities, favors, or items from a contractor or a party to a subcontractor for a federal grant or award and shall not accept:
- Any single item with a value at or above $100.00; or
- Items from a single contractor or subcontractor that have an aggregate monetary value exceeding $100.00 in a 12-month period.
[See BBFB, CBB, DBD. In the event of a violation of these requirements, see CAA and DH.]