CK(LOCAL) - SAFETY PROGRAM/RISK MANAGEMENT
Comprehensive Safety Program
The Department shall take every reasonable precaution regarding the safety of its students, employees, visitors, and all others with whom it conducts business. The Superintendent and/or designee shall appoint the Risk Management Committee to develop, implement, and promote a comprehensive safety program.
Members of the Risk Management Committee include the following:
- Executive Director for Facilities
- Assistant Superintendent for Business
- Human Resources Executive Director
- Chief Communications Officer
- Center for Safe and Secure Schools Director
The Center for Safe and Secure Schools Director shall coordinate the activities of the Risk Management Committee.
The general areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guidelines and procedures for responding to emergencies
Loss Prevention Strategies
- Activities intended to reduce the frequency of accident and injury, including:
- Inspecting work areas and equipment
- Training frontline and supervisory staff
- Establishing safe work procedures and regulations
- Reporting, investigating, and reviewing accidents
- Promoting responsibility for Department property on the part of students, employees, and the community
- Promoting use of appropriate personal protective equipment
Loss Control Strategies
- Activities intended to reduce the ultimate cost of accidents and injuries through investigation and documentation
Loss Financial Strategies
- Activities that identify and develop prudent methods of financing loss costs on an annual basis, including the purchase of commercial insurance, self-insured retentions and risk pooling.
- Vehicle safety programs
Traffic Safety Program
- Traffic safety programs and traffic studies related to employees, students, and the community
Responsibility for the collection, storage, and analysis of relevant operational and historical data required to develop sound procedures for implementation and operation of a comprehensive safety program shall be maintained as directed by the Risk Management Committee.