AE(LOCAL) - EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
WISD is dedicated to excellence in education that fosters a culture of kindness and respect, creates lifelong learners, and empowers students to make a positive impact in their community.
We believe that:
- Everything that we do should help ensure the success of all our students.
- As educators, we maximize class time in an engaging and challenging way.
- Our teachers are personally invested in our students.
- Students in Wimberley are committed to community service and the community supports students in return.
- A quality, public Wimberley ISD education drives the future of a successful Texas.
- As a district, we strive to meet the needs of the "whole child": academically, emotionally, and socially.
- WISD provides the foundation to create engaged citizens who will become lifelong learners.
- All our children, parents, faculty, and staff should be treated with kindness and respect.
- We are committed to excellence in all we do.
Empowering and inspiring all student to achieve their full potential.
- Achieve excellence in education:
- Increase project-based, hands-on learning opportunities at all grade levels;
- Employ qualified staff who have demonstrated success in teaching and leadership;
- Provide professional development opportunities in all areas including academic, behavior management, and special populations; and
- Provide safe and healthy environments/buildings and facilities.
- Foster a culture of kindness and respect:
- Provide character training and engagement for students and staff that instill the importance of integrity, kindness, honesty, and respect;
- Promote active listening to create students and future citizens who can effectively engage and communicate in a diverse world;
- Communicate effectively between schools for student relationships;
- Provide guidance to improve digital citizenship and media literacy among students and staff; and
- Celebrate diversity and provide a welcoming environment for all students and staff.
- Create lifelong learners:
- Cultivate passion for learning and doing, such that every student can find the way forward to a happy life;
- Reward perseverance and hard work; and
- Provide diverse and relevant learning/course opportunities for all students at all grade levels that are challenging and meaningful.
- Make a positive community impact:
- Provide diverse extracurricular activities that are fun, student-centered, and engaging;
- Increase community partnerships to create opportunities for District collaborations;
- Teach the importance of responsibility and good citizenship; and
- Promote volunteerism through school and extracurricular activities.