EHAA(LOCAL) - BASIC INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM: REQUIRED INSTRUCTION (ALL LEVELS)
Human Sexuality Instruction
The following process shall apply regarding the adoption of curriculum materials for the district's human sexuality instruction:
- The Board shall adopt a resolution convening the District's school health advisory council (SHAC) to recommend curriculum materials for the instruction.
- The SHAC shall hold at least two public meetings on the curriculum materials before adopting recommendations to present to the Board.
- The SHAC recommendations must comply with the instructional content requirements in law, be suitable for the subject and grade level for which the materials are intended, and be reviewed by academic experts in the subject and grade level for which the materials are intended.
- The SHAC shall present its recommendations to the Board at a public meeting.
- After the Board ensures the recommendations from the SHAC meet the standards in law, the Board shall take action on the recommendations by a record vote at a public meeting.