CW(LOCAL) - NAMING FACILITIES
The Board has sole discretion for naming any District facility, including any building or a portion of a building (such as a wing, annex, library, auditorium, gymnasium, and the like) or any defined outdoor area on District property.
When choosing a name for a District facility or property, the Board shall consider names:
- That describe geographical features in, near, or associated with the area where the facility is located.
- Of persons or events of local, state, or national historical significance.
- Of distinguished educators or Board members who have retired from service to the District.
- That identify the program or function associated with the facility.
- That recognize community partners for participation in furthering public education in the District.
The Board may invite suggestions from multiple sources and may appoint a committee to study and suggest possible names for a facility.