Certificate of Coursework Completion

The District shall not issue a certificate of coursework completion to a student who fails to meet all state and local requirements for graduation. [See EIF, FMH]

Partial Credit

When a student earns a passing grade in only one semester of a two-semester course and the combined grade for the two semesters is lower than 70, the District shall award the student credit for the semester with the passing grade. The student shall be required to retake only the semester in which he or she earned the failing grade. However, partial credit may not be given if the course is one in which repeating the entire course is necessary for success per administrative guidelines.

Withdrawal or Late Enrollment

A migrant or homeless student who enrolls after the first day of instruction or who withdraws early shall be provided opportunities to achieve mastery of the essential knowledge and skills to meet course requirements. Teachers and counselors shall consider the student's particular circumstances in determining appropriate opportunities, which may include, but are not limited to:

Individualized work.

Tutorial sessions.

Testing to verify mastery of the essential knowledge and skills.

Early final examinations.

Idalou ISD


LDU 2017.01

DATE ISSUED: 2/23/2017