CQB(LOCAL) - TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES: CYBERSECURITY
The District shall develop a cybersecurity plan to secure the District's cyberinfrastructure against a cyberattack or any other cybersecurity incidents, determine cybersecurity risk, and implement appropriate mitigation planning.
The Superintendent shall designate a cybersecurity coordinator. The cybersecurity coordinator shall serve as the liaison between the District and the Texas Education Agency in cybersecurity matters.
The Board delegates to the Superintendent the authority to:
- Determine the cybersecurity training program to be used in the District;
- Verify and report compliance with training requirements in accordance with guidance from the Department of Information Resources; and
- Remove access to the District's computer systems and databases for noncompliance with training requirements as appropriate.
The District shall complete periodic audits to ensure compliance with the cybersecurity training requirements.
Security Breach Notifications
Upon discovering or receiving notification of a breach of system security, the District shall disclose the breach to affected persons or entities in accordance with the time frames established by law. The District shall give notice by using one or more of the following methods:
- Written notice.
- Email, if the District has email addresses for the affected persons.
- Conspicuous posting on the District's websites.
- Publication through broadcast media.
The District shall disclose a breach involving sensitive, protected, or confidential student information as required by law.